VOTE FOR THE BEST OF ORLANDO® 2021 NOW THROUGH AUG. 1!

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Pam Bondi has accepted my Instagram follow request for some reason

Posted By on Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 2:19 PM

click to enlarge Pam and her giant dog "Cool Paw Luke" - PHOTO VIA PAM BONDI/INSTAGRAM
  • Photo via Pam Bondi/Instagram
  • Pam and her giant dog "Cool Paw Luke"
Back in December, I sent an Instagram follow request to Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi's private account knowing damn well I would never break into this exclusive club. All I knew was whatever she had hidden behind those privacy settings, it had to be something amazing. Sandwiches? Sunsets? Golf outings with Donald Trump? The sky was the limit.
screen_shot_2016-12-07_at_12.46.05_pm.png
Then, out of the blue, I got a notification that Pam Bondi had accepted my friend request. That's right. Me, Colin Wolf, an official follower of Pam Bondi's Instagram account.

What this means is she more than likely had to have said to herself "This guy's avatar seem perfectly fine. I accept this random muscle-bound dude's request."
click to enlarge I don't even know where my avatar photo came from, or who that person is
  • I don't even know where my avatar photo came from, or who that person is
Because I am now a member of this exclusive club, and you are not. I'm here to report to you all that her feed is incredibly basic. For starters, it's mostly dogs. Like, 80 percent dogs.



To be specific, if she's not snapping photos of one of her own dogs (she has many), she's posting photos of other people's dogs and shelter dogs, which, to be fair, is always a noble cause.

Here she is parading an adoptable pooch with Florida Gov. Rick Scott. He looks thrilled. 
click to enlarge screen_shot_2017-02-01_at_1.10.16_pm.png
And, here is what I would assume is Bondi's entire pack (minus her gigantic dog pictured above, "Cool Paw Luke").
click to enlarge screen_shot_2017-02-01_at_1.21.23_pm.png
So, if Pam Bondi's Instagram is 80 percent dogs, what about the other 20 percent? Well, it's exactly what you think it is: fundraisers, campaign photo-ops, a lot of white people, and of course, Republican selfies, baby!

Here are some of the better ones.
click to enlarge screen_shot_2017-02-01_at_1.31.52_pm.png
click to enlarge screen_shot_2017-02-01_at_1.05.38_pm.png
click to enlarge screen_shot_2017-02-01_at_1.09.56_pm.png
click to enlarge screen_shot_2017-02-01_at_1.20.06_pm.png
click to enlarge screen_shot_2017-02-01_at_1.27.36_pm.png
click to enlarge screen_shot_2017-02-01_at_1.04.31_pm.png
click to enlarge screen_shot_2017-02-01_at_1.42.37_pm.png
Truly fascinating stuff, really.

That's it for now, but you can bet your ass that I'll be reporting to you all from the inside, at least until I get blocked.

Tags: , ,

We welcome readers to submit letters regarding articles and content in Orlando Weekly. Letters should be a minimum of 150 words, refer to content that has appeared on Orlando Weekly, and must include the writer's full name, address, and phone number for verification purposes. No attachments will be considered. Writers of letters selected for publication will be notified via email. Letters may be edited and shortened for space.

Email us at feedback@orlandoweekly.com.

Support Local Journalism.
Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club

Local journalism is information. Information is power. And we believe everyone deserves access to accurate independent coverage of their community and state. Our readers helped us continue this coverage in 2020, and we are so grateful for the support.

Help us keep this coverage going in 2021. Whether it's a one-time acknowledgement of this article or an ongoing membership pledge, your support goes to local-based reporting from our small but mighty team.

Join the Orlando Weekly Press Club for as little as $5 a month.

Newsletters

Never miss a beat

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.

Read the Digital Print Issue

July 21, 2021

View more issues

Calendar

© 2021 Orlando Weekly

Website powered by Foundation