This article was originally published on Real Tested CBD. To view the original article, click here.
Rare cannabinoids are surprisingly hard to find. While most people have heard about tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD), there are actually more than 113 cannabinoids available in the hemp plant.
Scientists believe that these cannabinoids interact in a synergistic way to create the entourage effect. In essence, these cannabinoids may produce more complex, intense results when they are taken together than when they are used alone.
The Rare Kinds of Cannabinoids
Even if there are other cannabinoids present in a product, you may not know it. Many laboratories and manufacturers do not test for cannabigerol (CBG), cannabinol (CBN) or cannabichromene (CBC). Out of these three cannabinoids, CBN and CBG are rarer than CBC.
Unfortunately, very few products are tested for CBN and CBG. CBC is more common than CBN and CBG because it is found all over the plant. Currently, scientists are still trying to determine CBC’s medical value.
Since many companies do not test for other cannabinoids, it is hard to know which products actually contain these rare compounds. In general, it seems like the highest quality of products is the most likely to have additional cannabinoids. The only problem is that these products are more likely to fail pesticide tests because the extraction process is not as stringent and intensive.
What Is CBN?
CBN is created when THC degrades. It has mild, psychoactive qualities. Because it is produced when THC degrades, it is generally not found in fresh plants at all. Once THC degrades into CBN, the resulting CBN is able to produce a sedative effect. This cannabinoid is considered a weak agonist for CB2 and CB1 receptors, but it has a higher affinity for CB2 receptors.
How CBN Works When You Take It Topically
Like many parts of the cannabis plant, scientists need to do more research to figure out exactly how CBN can be used. Currently, it looks like CBN can be used topically as a pain reliever.
By applying it to the site of your pain, you can achieve temporary relief. It also works for arthritis and joint pain.
How CBN Works When You Take It Orally
When you use CBN orally, it produces a sedative effect. This is ideal if you suffer from insomnia. By taking CBN orally, you can enjoy its sleep-inducing qualities.
What Is CBG?
CBG is not psychoactive. Instead, it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects. It is thought to enhance the overall effects of cannabis. At the moment, researchers believe that CBG can slow down bacterial growth and inhibit cell growth in cancer cells or tumors. It may also improve bone growth.
How CBG Works When You Take It Topically
Some people use CBG topically to reduce inflammation. This is especially useful for people who suffer from arthritis, joint or muscle pain. CBG may also be useful as an analgesic or antibacterial product.
How CBG Works When You Take It Orally
While researchers still need to learn more about CBG, there is some evidence it may work as an antidepressant. Some people take CBG as a sleep aid or bone stimulant. This cannabinoid is also taken as an anti-proliferative as well.
Related: Are you a senior interested in learning more about how CBD could help you? Click here for your comprehensive guide to all things CBD. Click here to shop reliable products created for seniors.
What Is CBC?
Interestingly, you will typically find CBC in tropical varieties of cannabis. It is thought to alleviate pain and inflammation. In addition to promoting bone growth, it may inhibit cell growth in cancer cells or tumors.
The Top 5 Topicals for Rare Cannabinoids
If you are interested in using the whole plant instead of just a single compound, the following topicals are a good place to start. These topicals had the highest level of rare cannabinoids in their package. You can use these topical products on your skin to alleviate pain and achieve other health effects. In some cases, there were less than five topical products that included rare cannabinoids. For these cases, the best available options were listed.
Topicals With the Most CBC
• Hemp Whipped Body Butter: In this package, you will find 78.38 milligrams of CBC.
• Hemp Salve 750 Mg CBD: This product includes 31.59 milligrams of CBC.
• Charlotte’s Web Hemp-Infused Cream: This package contains 19.1 milligrams of CBC and 750 milligrams of CBD.
• Receptra Targeted Topical: In this package, you will find 16.45 milligrams of CBC.
• Receptra Body Butter: This CBD cream includes 10.32 milligrams of CBC.
Topicals With the Most CBG
• Hemp Whipped Body Butter: This package includes 11.76 milligrams of CBG.
• Receptra Targeted Topical: This salve includes 7.21 milligrams of CBG.
Topicals With the Most CBN
• Hemp Whipped Body Butter: This product includes 26.67 milligrams of CBN.
The Top 5 Edibles for Rare Cannabinoids
Depending on what you need, you may want to use an edible instead of a topical product. The following edibles are some of the best quality products available in the marketplace today. In addition, these edibles have the highest levels of rare cannabinoids.
Edibles With the Most CBC
• Charlotte’s Web 60 Mg Mint: This product has 109.1 milligrams of CBC.
• Hempworx 1500 Full Spectrum CBD Oil: In this package, you can enjoy finding 59.37 milligrams of CBC.
• Charlotte’s Web 25 Mg Liquid Capsules: These capsules boast 57.5 milligrams of CBC.
• Hemplucid Tincture Hempseed Oil: In this bottle, you will find 51.49 milligrams of CBC.
• Kanibi Lemon-Lime Full Spectrum CBD Oil: This oil contains 42.29 milligrams of CBC.
Edibles With the Most CBG
• Hempworx 1500 Full Spectrum CBD Oil Cinnamon: This product included 32.14 milligrams of CBG.
• CBD Infusionz 5280 Mg Full Spectrum Hemp CBD Oil: In this package, you will discover 30.18 milligrams of CBG.
• Green Garden Gold CBD Oil Capsules: This package includes 28.66 milligrams of CBG.
• Charlotte’s Web 60 Mg Mint: In this product, you will find 22.98 milligrams of CBG. This also was our highest testing CBC product.
• CBD American Shaman Capsules: These capsules have 17.27 milligrams of CBG.
Edibles With the Most CBN
• CBD Essence Hemp Phyto-Cannabinoid Capsules: These capsules include 10.8 milligrams of CBN.
• Hempworx 1500 Full Spectrum CBD Oil Cinnamon: In this oil, you will find 5.78 milligrams of CBN.
• Endoca Raw CBD Oil 30 Mg: This CBD oil also includes 3.8 milligrams of CBN.
• Mary’s Nutritionals Elite Capsules 150 Mg: In this package, you will find 3.3 milligrams of CBN.
• Ecodrip Gold by Eco Sciences: This package includes 2.01 milligrams of CBN.
The statements made in this sponsored post are those of the paid sponsor and not those of
Orlando Weekly, and are not intended as medical advice. Consult your doctor before undertaking any changes to your physical, mental or dietary health.