skyrocketed and the $7.7 million website meant to handle it all has been a catastrophic failure.
However, yesterday the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity debuted a new mobile-friendly site that, so far, seems to actually work.
The new site can be found here: www.FloridaJobs.org/RAApplication
On Wednesday, the state of Florida also rolled out a new mobile-friendly coronavirus page, which can be found at: www.FloridaJobs.org/COVID-19. The new site features links to the new job site, as well as info about paper applications.
According to the site, before applying be sure to have the following:
• Social Security number
• Driver’s License or State ID number
• Your employment for the last 18 months including for each employer
Additionally, if you are one of the following, make sure you have this additional information available:
• Not a US Citizen: Alien Registration Number or other work authorization form
• Military Employee: DD-214 Member 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8 may be used
• Federal Employee: SF 8 or SF 50
• Union Member: Union Name, Hall Number, and Phone Number
This story originally appeared in Creative Loafing Tampa Bay.
Please follow CDC guidelines and Orange County advisories to stay safe, and please support this free publication. Our small but mighty team is working tirelessly to bring you news on how coronavirus is affecting Central Florida. Please consider making a one-time or monthly donation. Every little bit helps.