Collide Contemporary Music Series presents Ensemble P4 in a concert featuring new works for piano and percussion by Steve Kornicki, Thad Anderson, Shawn Hundley, Sydney Hodkinson, and Philip Wharton. See a video sneak peek below. (UCF Rehearsal Hall, 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 13; free. More event info here)
Accidental Music Festival presents pianist Vicky Chow, playing Tristan Perich's "Surface Image" at Timucua Satuday night. Chow, a member of the Bang on a Can All-Stars, has been described as a "monster pianist" with "massive technique"; read a fascinating interview with Perich on his composition "Surface Image" here. (Timucua White House; 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 13; $20. More event info here)
As the latest installment of the In-Between Series at Gallery at Avalon Island, Hippocrene Saxophone Ensemble performs new music by Central Florida Composers Forum members and others. Program includes:
- David MacDonald: "Linear Geometry"
- William Albright: "Doo-Dah"
- Steven Danyew: Saxophone Quartet No. 2: "Chant"
- Charles B. Griffin: "Panta Rei"
- Benoit Glazer: "Petite Fete de Sax"
- Daniel Saylor: "Waves to Oceans (Organic Suite Composition No. 1)"
- David MacDonald: "Ungroup"