With Orlando's city elections coming up Nov. 3, there's always that one person in your social circle that says, "I had no idea about [insert obscure topic here]!" It's hard to keep up with what City Council is doing and actually live your life, so for those of you curious about where your dollars are going, we've compiled a list of all the public meetings in the city this week. If you've got time to spare, show up and let your City Council and board members know that you are listening. For good measure and double the fun, we've added in Orange County meetings as well.
Monday, Oct. 19
- City Council Agenda Review at 1p.m. in City Hall
- City Council Meeting at 2 p.m. in City Hall
- Orange County Heroin Task Force Subcommittee Chair Meeting at 3:30 pm. in the Orange County Administration Building
- Municipal Planning Board Meeting at 8:30 a.m. in City Hall
- Board of County Commissioners Meeting at 9 a.m. in the Orange County Administration Building
- Families, Parks and Recreation Advisory Board at 11 a.m. in Citrus Square Apartments on 5625 Hickey Dr.
- Orange County Animal Services Advisory Board Meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Barnett Park Main Office on 4801 W Colonial Dr.
- Orange County Code Enforcement Board, 8 a.m. in the Orange County Administration Building
- Greater Orlando Aviation Authority Board Meeting at 2 p.m. at 1 Jeff Fuqua Blvd.
- Public Test of Voter Tabulation Equipment at 10 a.m. in the Orange County Supervisor of Elections Office on 119 W. Kaley St.
- Orange County Sustainability Advisory Board at 12 p.m. in the Orange County Administration Building
- Orange County Procurement Committee at 1:30 p.m. at the Procurement Division on 400 E. South St.