- First up, did you know that Solillaquists of Sound have a brand new album? Well, they do! It's called The 4th Wall (Part 1) and you can snag it from their Bandcamp page. The (innovative) pre-order phase is over – during which the band, uh, broke down the fourth wall and gave the first 500 people who ordered a personalized treat – but the 10-track album is still well worth your attention. The full album (part 2 coming soon) comprises the final entry in their "Listeners Trilogy," but hopefully it won't mark the end of SoS. (Speaking of Solillaquists, Reaching Field, the new album from In Curses – featuring SoS's Alexandrah Sarton – is now available on iTunes.)
- The new split single from Arc & Panther and Abuse is now available for streaming on Bandcamp. Physical copies – on NorseKorea Tapes – are due to be available any day now.
- Speaking of tapes, there's a new cassette from Saskatchewan that collects the group's previously digital-only releases. I think cassettes are dumb, but I know that some people disagree with me. Whatever. Saskatchewan is pretty great, so buy the tape if you like tapes, otherwise, just go buy the downloads from Bandcamp.
- Like good old-fashioned CD's? Rickey Dickens has you set. The twangy troubadour's latest album, Hanging On, is available on CDBaby for just $13. (I bet you can get it cheaper at his shows!) Digital downloads are available too.
- Just want some free local music? Well, the entire Plain Jane Automobile catalog is available for free at their website. The band is undergoing something of a metamorphosis at the moment, launching a "side project" – featuring all of the members – that will be putting PJA on ice for a little while; these free downloads are a pretty nice "thank you for your patience" to their fans.
As usual, if you've got Orlando music news to share ... let Orlando Music News know! Send an email to [email protected] and keep us in the loop.