There are so many new eating (and drinking) spots opening in Orlando in the next few months, our wallets are already crying big fat foodie tears for all the money we're going to spend on food. Here's a little preview of all the tasty new eat spots that have opened recently (or are coming soon). Look for more details – along with some closings, some restructurings and other foodie news – in Faiyaz Kara's Tip Jar column in the print edition, available on stands Wednesday.
- Recently opened in Winter Park, Rome’s Flavours features house-made gelato, pizza made from scratch and other authentic Italian tastes.
- RA Sushi, now open in Pointe Orlando, offers some unusual sushi rolls (chili ponzu yellowtail, anyone?), plus a pretty killer happy hour.
- Kappo at East End Market is already open, but they will hold an official grand opening Aug. 10. They will release their full menu the same day.
- Taipei Kitchen is serving up another option for Taiwanese cuisine at 5038 W. Colonial Drive (near the 1st Oriental Supermarket).
- Ivanhoe Wine & Spirits, a new liquor store, has opened in the Ivanhood. Follow their Facebook page for some sweet liquor deals.
- And, as any good Orlando foodie should already know, Shake Shack is officially open for business.
- Opening in MetroWest in a few weeks, Crafted Block & Brew calls their food "unapologetically awesome" and we look forward to not apologizing when we check it out.
- In September, the Four Seasons Resort will add Capa, a contemporary Spanish steakhouse located on the roof, and a Cuban restaurant, Plancha, to their eatery offerings.
A future spot to salivate over: