DoveCote, the new brasserie by chef Clayton Miller, James and Julie Petrakis, and Gene Zimmerman, has opened on the ground floor of the Bank of America building.
- The House of Pho has opened in the Sand Lake Corners plaza off John Young Parkway.
- Sweet on Park Dessert & Wine Bar has opened across Lake Eola on the corner of Rosalind Avenue and East Washington Street.
- Sodo Sushi Bar & Grill has opened in the former OLV Cafe space.
- Misho's Ristorante & Pizzeria has opened in the Publix plaza on Weldon Boulevard in Lake Mary.
- An outpost of quick-fire Blaze Pizza will open at Disney Springs in the coming weeks.
- Aashirwad Indian Restaurant is moving across the street into the former Flavours of India/Singh’s/KC’s Pub/Santos space.
- Look for another Chicken Salad Chick to open in Lake Nona in the next few weeks.
- Marlow’s Tavern in Lee Vista celebrates its grand opening Tuesday, Aug. 9.
- Coming in fall 2016: Bartaco in Dr. Phillips and Foxtail Coffee Co. in the State Auto Body building in Winter Park.
- Also over at Disney Springs, the Polite Pig by James and Julie Petrakis (they’re a busy pair!) and Brian Petrakis (James’ brother) opens in spring 2017.