Ka-ti brick toast at KrungThep Tea Time
1051 W. Fairbanks Ave., Winter Park, 407-733-3561, facebook.com/krungthepteatime
The ka-ti brick toast from KrungThep Tea Time in Winter Park is a relatively simple construction: cubes of thick-cut toast soaked in butter and condensed milk, topped with coconut ice cream and whipped cream, sprinkled with crushed peanuts, then drizzled with honey. The dessert makes for a dramatic presentation in and of itself, but if you position the sweet plate in front of the "K-R-U-N-G-T-H-E-P" marquee, then snap a pic with your smartphone, Instagram stardom is yours for the taking.
Fakenit tater tots at King Bao
710 N. Mills Ave., 407-237-0013, facebook.com/kingbaoorlando
Clearly, not everyone who eats vegan is doing it to be healthy – we've seen some pretty kickin' vegan dishes that would give Chris Christie palpitations. These fried tots at the new Mills 50 bao hamlet are covered in tofu, fake bacon, roasted garlic and onion jam and sprinkled with scallions. Also, they're just $2.50, so if you wanted to also eat a Veganville bao for lunch (crispy tofu with ginger-pepper relish), your wallet would only be a smidge lighter.
Eleven at Reunion Resort
7593 Gathering Drive, Kissimmee, 407-662-1000, reunionresort.com
By day, the rooftop where Eleven is located is the hotel's pool deck (which, really, is unique enough for Orlando), but come dusk, the sliding glass wall opens to reveal an elegant space where some of Central Florida's best steaks are served. Whatever you order for your main, don't miss the roasted garlic app that spreads like buttah over toasted baguette, Cambozola cheese and confit cherry tomatoes. Views of the Magic Kingdom and Epcot fireworks are on deck post-dessert.
Brownies from George's Gourmet Cookies
501 N. Orlando Ave., Winter Park, 407-622-1499, georgesgourmetcookiesandcatering.com
You know how everyone in your office knows when there are leftover brownies from that board meeting? Everyone scampers like starved cats to the break room and descends upon the spoils, and then they're gone. If you find yourself so unlucky as to miss out, get to George's location on Lee Road and Orlando Avenue early enough to score one of the hefty handheld treats topped with caramel, marshmallow, chocolate drizzle and nuts, all for yourself.
1. Valhalla Bakery, Market on South, 2603 E. South St., 407-613-5968, valhallabakery.com
2. Se7en Bites, 207 N. Primrose Drive, 407-203-0727, facebook.com/se7enbites
3. Blue Bird Bake Shop, 3122 Corrine Drive, 407-228-3822, bluebirdbakeshop.com
1. 4 Rivers Smokehouse, multiple locations, 4rsmokehouse.com
2. Pig Floyd's Urban Barbakoa, 1326 N. Mills Ave., 407-203-0866, pigfloyds.com
3. Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ, multiple locations, bubbalous.com
1. Santiago's Bodega, 802 Virginia Drive, 407-412-6979, facebook.com/santiagosbodegaorlando
2. Keke's, multiple locations, kekes.com
3. Briarpatch, 252 N. Park Ave., Winter Park, 407-628-8651, thebriarpatchrestaurant.com
1. BurgerFi, multiple locations, burgerfi.com
2. Johnny's Fillin' Station, 2631 S. Ferncreek Ave., 407-894-6900, johnnysfillinstation.com
3. Five Guys Burgers & Fries, multiple locations, fiveguys.com
1. Bahama Breeze, multiple locations, bahamabreeze.com
2. Caribbean Sunshine Bakery, multiple locations, christianarenae.com/csb
3. Mark's Caribbean, 10034 University Blvd., 407-699-8800, healthyjamaicanfood.com
1. Gringos Locos, 22 E. Washington St., 407-841-5626, also 2406 E. Robinson St., 407-896-5626, gringoslocos.com
2. Black Bean Deli, 325 S. Orlando Ave., Winter Park, 407-628-0294, also 1835 E. Colonial Drive, 407-203-0922, blackbeandeli.com
3. Tako Cheena, 932 N. Mills Ave., 321-236-7457, mytakocheena.com