Disney100, the celebration of the centenary of the Walt Disney Animation Studios that started it all, will take over Epcot (well, kind of … it's Food and Wine Festival's world, we're just living in it) from Sept. 22 through Dec. 31.
Besides the expected plethora of Disney100 photo opportunities, merchandise and themed food-and-drink offerings, there will be:
- Meet-and-greets with Mickey and Minnie Mouse in anniversary finery at the Imagination Pavilion
- A themed lightshow, Beacons of Magic, at Spaceship Earth with new lights and a version of the Disney100 anthem "When You Wish Upon a Star"
- A new "nighttime spectacular" at Epcot
- A new mural featuring over 100 Disney characters at World Celebration.
- Annnnd for the grand finale … a purple metallic Mickey popcorn bucket?
As of this writing that's everything confirmed for the somewhat muted celebration.
Subscribe to Orlando Weekly newsletters.
Follow us: Google News | NewsBreak | Reddit | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter