Monday, October 3, 2016

Exploding e-cig launches 'fireball' at 14-year-old girl on Hogwarts Express

Posted By on Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 11:22 AM

click to enlarge hogwarts_express_ride_facebook.jpg
Officials say a young girl riding a theme park ride in Universal Orlando suffered serious facial burns when an electronic cigarette exploded next to her. 

The incident occurred around 3 p.m. Saturday on the Hogwarts Express ride as it was traveling to Islands of Adventure. An e-cigarette in the pocket of one of the riders sitting next to the 14-year-old girl exploded, sending a flash of fire toward her, police told the Orlando Sentinel

Officials said the girl was taken to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children to treat mild to moderate burns on the right side of her face, arm and leg. The owner of the e-cigarette suffered minor injuries.

The Hogwarts Express train was closed for the remainder of the day and experienced no significant damage.

Police Lt. Dan Brady called the incident a "weird, freak accident."

Tags: , , ,


Never miss a beat

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.


© 2018 Orlando Weekly

Website powered by Foundation