Where’s our water going? A lot of it is being wasted on your lawn, so if you’re going to water your landscaping, consider getting a rain barrel to gather water for irrigation, rather than wasting potable water from the faucet. In addition, though, lots of big businesses rely on easy access to inexpensive water to keep the engines running. Here are the top 10 commercial users of water in our area, according to the Orlando Utilities Commission and Orange County Utilities.
1. Universal Studios Florida
2. City of Orlando
3. Orange County Board of County Commissioners (includes all county government buildings)
4. Rosen Hotel and Resorts Inc.
5. Orange County Public Schools
6. Greater Orlando Aviation Authority (Orlando International Airport)
8. Orlando CoGen Limited, LP
9. Orlando Regional Health Systems
10. Florida Hospital
1. Marriott (includes Marriott International Inc., Marriott Ownership Resorts Inc.)
2. SeaWorld of Florida
3. Starwood Vacation Ownership
4. Ashford LLB C Hotel Management and Ashford Orlando SeaWorld Limited Partnership
5. GBH Four Star LLC (Bonnet Creek Resort)
6. Fairways Spe LLC (real estate brokerage)
7. Hilton Grand Vacations Club (two locations)
8. State of Florida Department of Corrections
9. Rosen Vista Inc.
10. Wyndham Vacation Resorts Inc.
Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.