Monday, July 25, 2016

Date night win: Red Mug Diner offers a free milkshake with two movie ticket stubs

Posted By on Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Fewer than six months after opening, Red Mug Diner on Pine Street downtown has already been nominated for Best Diner in OW's Best of Orlando awards, and now they've hedged the market on date night too. The walking-distance proximity to the Cobb Cinema Cafe at the Plaza as well as...

Continue reading »

Sleep reveals silent auction items for Pulse beneft show

Posted By on Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 3:08 PM

Stoner doom band Sleep have released the list of items that will be up for auction at their benefit show for Pulse victims and families this Tuesday night at the Beacham Theater. All ticket proceeds and money generated from the auction will be donated to the OneOrlando Fund and St. Stephen...

Continue reading »

A new 3,000 mile bike path will soon stretch from Florida to Maine

Posted By on Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Grab your compression shorts because the nation's longest off-route bike path is currently being constructed.  Non-profit organization East Coast Greenway Alliance has a dedicated bike trail in the works that will extend from Key West all the way to Calais, Maine, according to CBS Miami.  The Greenway bike path will...

Continue reading »

Disneyland's Tower of Terror will soon be a Guardians of the Galaxy ride

Posted By on Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Disney announced that the Tower of Terror will close and be replaced by a Guardians of the Galaxy ride, dismaying Twilight Zone fans and delighting space raccoon fans everywhere.  Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige announced the change to the Disney California Adventure ride during the San Diego Comic-Con this past...

Continue reading »

What to order during the Rocky Horror Picture Show event at Oblivion Taproom

Posted By on Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 2:17 PM

Maybe you've been to an interactive RHPS showing at Universal CityWalk or even at the Fashion Square AMC back in the day, so you're aware of the props to bring and when to make them seen during the film. But if not, here's the deal: At certain points in the...

Continue reading »

First home delivery of medical marijuana goes to Pasco County patient

Posted By on Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 1:07 PM

After announcing last week its approval from Florida's Health Department to dispense medical cannabis, Trulieve says it has made the first home delivery of low-THC marijuana to a patient in Pasco County.  The Associated Press reports the company delivered the medical marijuana to patient in Hudson suffering from dystonia, a condition...

Continue reading »

New poll shows Trump currently leading Hillary in Florida

Posted By on Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Poll-analysis website FiveThirtyFive's forecast for the upcoming 2016 U.S Presidential Election predicts Donald Trump will beat Hillary Clinton in Florida. The site gives, run by renowned statistician Nate Silver, gives Trump a 65.9% chance of winning Florida's 29 electoral votes, while Hillary is forecasted to win 34.1% of the votes.  FiveThirtyEight...

Continue reading »

UCF Football is holding open tryouts, and you should probably show up

Posted By on Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 11:44 AM

If you're currently enrolled at UCF, this fall may be your best opportunity to play Division 1 football.  The 0-12 UCF football program has announced walk-on tryouts for August 23. The tryouts will begin at noon at the Nicholson Fieldhouse. Hopeful players will need to have all paperwork filled out and...

Continue reading »

Luvlost to play free show at 64 North tonight

Posted By on Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 10:48 AM

Luvlost is an angular, wiry, nervous emo trio from around these parts and tonight they're sharing the stage with the Knick-Knacks and Taylor James. The band is on the brink of releasing a new EP and just released a new track from it, "Thinking Back on Autumn Green", featuring a guest...

Continue reading »

Orlando City to open Lion's Pride, a soccer-themed pub downtown

Posted By on Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 9:39 AM

We reported June 8 on rumors that Lion’s Pride, an Orlando City Soccer-themed bar, would occupy a space in the historic Teele Building on Church Street. On Friday, the club officially confirmed the new venture, saying the "soccer pub and grill" is now set to open this fall. "Lion’s Pride...

Continue reading »



Never miss a beat

Sign Up Now

Subscribe now to get the latest news delivered right to your inbox.

© 2016 Orlando Weekly

Website powered by Foundation