. The restaurant takes over the old Terrace 390 (and before that, Harvey's Bistro) space in the Bank of America building downtown, but has been completely renovated with a sleek new design by Andrew White of Lot1433.
The food and drink are handled by a supergroup-like dream team of local culinary experts: Gene Zimmerman of the Courtesy Bar handles the beverage program, with James and Julie Petrakis of the Swine Family Restaurant Group (Ravenous Pig, Cask & Larder, Swine & Sons) and Clayton Miller, one of Food & Wine
's Best New Chefs in 2010, on restaurant management and menu development.
Last night they announced simply, "The wait is over. We are pleased & proud to announce the official opening of DoveCote, Wednesday, July 20, 2016. Coffee & pastry service begins at 7 a.m., lunch 11 a.m.-3 p.m., dinner 5-10:00 p.m. For reservations call 407-930-1703."
Chef Miller told us a month ago that the menu of "approachable French cuisine with some twists" would include:
- Fried frogs' legs, garlic, parsley, chili ($14)
- Vermouth-braised veal cheeks, sunchoke puree, asparagus, corn, crimini mushrooms ($28)
- Mussels & frites, chorizo sausage, paprika, tomato ($18)
- Cote de boeuf, 26-ounce bone-in ribeye au poivre, trumpet mushrooms, brandy jus ($45)
- Chocolate and Grand Marnier souffles ($9)
According to their Facebook page, which foodies have been stalking for months now,