The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival begins Sept. 25, and according to the information released by Walt Disney World, this year's event is food fest on steroids. Here's what they've got:
- The event lasts 53 days this year, running from Sept. 23 through Nov. 16.
- There will be nearly 400 culinary food and beverage demos.
- More than 60 wineries and 40 breweries from around the world will participate (and yes, there will be craft beer, and some of it will be local, according to Disney).
- More than 300 international and domestic wines will be available for sampling.
- There will be 159 Eat to the Beat concerts held over the course of the festival, and some of the acts include the Pointer Sisters, Maxi Priest, Chaka Khan and Rick Springfield. Yes, really.
- More than 100,000 desserts will be served.
- ABC's The Chew TV show will tape five episodes at the festival.
The Disney Food Blog has posted some of the menu items that will be available at the various food booths, which you can find here.
All of that extravagance doesn't come cheap, of course. If you want to attend the festival, you've got to fork over $97 and then you pay for your food and drink samples as you eat your way around the park. Prices usually range from $4 to $8 for sample-sized portions.