Yesterday, our friends at Parkscope
uncovered recent filings
with the Orange County Comptroller's office
that unveil Universal Orlando
's plans for a 5th hotel and beyond. Hot on the heels of the grand opening of the Cabana Bay Beach Resort, Universal and Loews Hotels will construct a new property on land between Cabana Bay and the Royal Pacific Resort
Plans for Universal Orlando's 5th hotel and more have been posted by the Orange County Comptroller's office. (screenshot courtesy Orlando United)
The legal filings run over 200 pages, and don't include a projected opening date, or a name or theme for the new resort. However, we can glean some details from the dense legalese:
- The 5th hotel will be connected to the Royal Pacific's convention center via a pedestrian bridge, and may be considered a "sister hotel" to the existing resort (similar to Port Orleans French Quarter/Riverside at Walt Disney World).
- In terms of pricing and ammeities, the hotel will be positioned between the 3 luxury resorts, and above the Cabana Bay.
- The hotel will be branded with the Loews name.
- The hotel will be connected to CityWalk with ferryboats like the three luxury resorts.
- Guests at the 5th hotel will NOT revcieve free unlimited front-of-the-line Express access like guests at the 3 luxury hotels, but will have Early Entry to the Wizarding World.
- The 6th hotel called for in documents is actually a 400-room expansion to Cabana Bay. Inside sources have speculated that two towers could be built on the south edge of the current resort.
- An additional 7th hotel of up to 800 rooms is also mentioned.
- The 6th and 7th hotels would be positioned below Cabana Bay, and would not have the Loews name or any of the luxury hotel perks like free Express.
Naturally, Universal has made no official statement about these plans. However, this may be part of the expansion to be announced in the coming months that Universal Orlando President Bill Davis hinted at during last week's Diagon Alley media event. We'll bring you more information as it becomes available.